Sifting through the vast information about SEO can be overwhelming, and in many cases, the advice published around the web is outdated. Not to mention the constant updates by Google make it challenging for SEO beginners to keep up with what works. But optimization can be simple if you stick to the main elements needed to rise in the search engines.
Achieving Top Rankings
Google has changed from two decades ago. They have stringent principles that help determine why one site ranks higher than another. These are the three principles that summarize what Google is focusing on in their algorithm.
1. Trust. This is at the very core of Google’s major changes and updates to their algorithms. Google wants to keep poor-quality, untrustworthy sites out of the top results, and keep high-quality, legit websites at the top. If your site provides value with high-quality content, and backlinks from reputable sources, your site is more likely to be considered a trustworthy source.
2. Authority. It was one of the top SEO strategies, but today, it’s used more in tandem with the other two principles. Authority is your website’s overall strength in your industry. For example, if your site is popular with thousands of followers on social media, and perhaps favorable reviews, but your competitors only have one hundred, you’re probably going to rank higher.
3. Relevance. Google looks at the relevance of a site and rewards relevant websites with a higher ranking. This may explain why some websites can rank higher than a Wikipedia article. You can use this to your advantage by bulking the content of your website with relevant content. It won’t necessarily push you automatically to page one but combined with other SEO techniques, it will nudge your website forward.
Additionally, you want to keep three factors in mind when planning out your SEO strategy.
* In order to move up that Google ladder, use a combination of several strategies, because focusing on just one tactic won’t work. You have to put the work in.
* When it comes to your SEO strategies, always use best practices.
* Utilize useful, informative information that has value to the visitor, and that will drive traffic.
Stay Ahead Of Google Updates
You can be certain Google will release an update to their algorithm, and it always impacts business in some way — some good, some bad. Hone your SEO skills and make sure your website doesn’t fall by the wayside. Stay informed of Google’s updates as they are released. Fortunately, major updates are always reported by the entire SEO community, so if you keep your ear to the ground, and search for these updates, there will be lots of resources.